About Me

Amazing Grace: A Tribute to You, The Story of Us

Amazing Grace: A Tribute to You, The Story of Us
Isaiah 29:18

The Story

Amazing Grace: A Tribute to You, The Story of Us is the author's memoir. It's a spiritual journey of a mother and daughter; the conclusion is peace, be still. A journey anointed with the potential to revolutionize the thoughts of mankind. This inspirational book focuses on social challenges including senseless killings and substance abuse. It has a subtle political twist that considers the sacrifices of Martin Luther King; unforgettable change. Their time together echoes the sentiments of President Barack Obama by depicting the effects from helping; circumstances change. A story offering the only love capable to change lives: John 3:16.

This love story written for Christmas, but a pleasure to read all year is filled with real-life occurrences of discouragement, excitement, failures, ambitions, disappointments and successes. The book has all the elements of worship: praise, testimonies, song, thanksgiving and a message of love from God. The power of Jesus is demonstrated and God's love is tested and proven. Be ready to laugh and cry; yet overwhelmingly, joy supersedes sorrow. Amazing Grace: A Tribute to You, The Story of Us is a timely publication, for this a new political era in the United States. The literature, cleverly written and easily read, reminds a sometimes forgetful world of who is control: God!

Book Reviews

Midwest Book Review

Faith is simply a powerful thing. "Amazing Grace: A Tribute to You, The Story of Us" presents Author Donna Watford's story of how her faith carried her through a dark time in her life and allowed her to move on after the devastating loss of her mother. Hoping to inspire faith and bringing light to Jesus' greatest gift, "Amazing Grace" is worth the read for those going through a rough time themselves.

Praise from Grateful Readers

Carol Franklin says….

“I received your book on Saturday and could not put it down…I just want to say thank you, and GOD has done great work through you.”

Carol Jones says….

“We all have a gift given from God and sometimes life has to take unforeseen turns before we realize our true talents… Donna Watford, a registered nurse by trade has through an unforeseen turn came across her GIFT. She has written and published a story that only she could.”

Val Parker says…

“I can’t put this book down. It is so good with so many memories; it made me cry... excellent job…”

Retha Mae Farley says…

“Wow. What a great book. I’m at a loss for words. You did a really good job. I know this is the beginning for you.”

Alberta Herde, RN says…

“I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed reading your book…I never experienced someone so in love with their mom and able to put it in writing. I never read anything like it before. It’s just beautiful… God bless.”

Zach Myers says...

This book is an inspiring story of a girl growing up in Philadelphia, PA with her mother, who was her Rock and foundation in finding a strong bond with Christ. This book shows how in keeping Christ first, all things are possible. It takes you through how people can live with little and believe in Jesus and have so much; how if you put God first, He will make a change in your life. Mommie was a living angel who guided this young lady through the path of life, showing her the way to Jesus without pushing her. If you love Jesus, this book will show you faith you seldom see. It will inspire you to want to know Jesus more and want to become closer to Him. If you don't know Jesus, this book will show you the love of Christ and how He can impact and change your life. This book reminded me or the relationship I had with my mother and how I copped with her passing and reiterated Jesus can and will see you through anything and everything, its shows Jesus is the light and the way to life and living. Thanks for this production Donna Watford, the book was an enjoyable read and I am looking for more literature from you (the Writer) in the future! Highly recommended!

Events

RADIO SCHEDULE

Black Authors Network 8pm EST
Real Talk With Tanya White Radio Show 7:10-7:20 pm EST
WordThirst Literary Online Radio Show 8pm EST

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Earth Has No Sorrow That Heaven Cannot Heal

It’s been some time since my devastating loss, so I wanted to check with God and see how I was doing. He and I have been quite busy this year working on the book, Amazing Grace: A Tribute to You, The Story of Us. He has graciously kept my mind occupied, yet I still perform periodic mental assessments with God.

Since He made me a nurse, I assess my progress by reviewing material that I vaguely paid attention to while in nursing school. There was really no need for me to take a deep interest in the subject. My family was intact, and it was not of great interest to me at the time. Thirteen years later, however, I’m very interested to read carefully what I merely skimmed over the first time, so in 2007, I reviewed my old class notes, words a stranger in a hair salon found more interesting than I did in the summer of 1994.

God reminded me of the day I initially reviewed this material. It was a Saturday afternoon, and I sat under a dryer in the hair salon studying my class notes. There was a woman who appeared to be my mother’s age sitting next to me. To my surprise, she was reading my class notes as well. She said, “It’s all true.” Referring to my notes, she stated with absolute certainty that the author was totally on target. As I recall that day, I go to my attic and dust off the notes that were once of very little interest to me. Now I want to review the “Grieving Process.”

5 comments:

  1. I am interested in knowing how I’m doing in my grieving process. As I flip the pages of an old Psychiatric Mental Health nursing book, I learn that I was immediately faced with the shock factor; however, as my journey continued, I landed in the hot spot of disbelief. I remember that location well. I just needed to know what happened. How in the world did I find myself existing in life without my beloved mother? Just like that, she was gone. I knew where she was, however, and it made a difference.

    The scholars said I was destined to spend some time with denial. I had suffered a great loss with pain too great to bear. I would need help on this trip. As you take tiny steps through the process, one day you find yourself in the bull’s-eye of reality. Then there is no denying that your loved one is gone. If you have been there, you remember the tears. The world says the tears are the release you need, but there is no warning of the tug that your heart feels, which in turn causes a chain reaction in your lungs. You can’t breathe. There is no feeling like it, and just when you think you’ve survived, slowly comes the excruciating pain that travels throughout your body. You notice it mostly in your stomach, a knot so tight it causes you to roll into a ball. You could just die. You’re left wondering about so many things. Over and over in your mind, you replay every second of “THE DAY.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pick and choose the moments to remember. You are ANGRY! As a Christian I asked God this one question: “Lord, I know you allowed it, but was there human error?” God did not answer, but He gave me a reason to live and peace in not knowing.

    Then the grieved say good-bye--restitution.

    That is how the scholars describe the grieving process. According to them, I am moving right along. I have to agree with them. With the Lord’s enabling power I AM moving right along.

    I closed my professional books to check in with the One who is paving the way. I closed my textbooks to open the Word and talk with the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

    I asked, “Lord, how am I doing?” I cried out, “Jesus, I need You!” I looked to Jesus for His healing power. He reminded me that healing always starts within and works its way out until you’re completely healed, so I saturate myself in His Word and in prayer. As God keeps a careful watch on me, I watch Him closely as well. I’m secure because there is never any doubt that He won’t bring me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Word says, “I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss.” Lamentations 3:20 NLT. How true, but my focus stays on the Word. The Truth speaks whispers of love in my ear, Amazing Grace: A Tribute to You, The Story of Us. As He spoke the words, I found myself crying and laughing. Now flipping the pages of the Bible, I receive affirmation by reading Ecclesiastes 3:4 NLT, “A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance.”

    Just to reassure me, He gave me these words from 1 Thessalonians 4:13 NLT: “And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to believers who have died so you not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with Him the believers who have died.” He’s speaking to me! Yes, I am a believer. I think of His precious sacrifice on Calvary; then I rest in His arms and hold onto His promises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Mommie’s friends, I’ve gotten the word that you are concerned about me. There is not a day that I don’t think of her. I miss her, but she introduced me to a God, who is faithful, and He is keeping me.

    The absolute worst day of my life was Mother’s Day 2007. I just wanted to say to my mom one more time, “Mommie.” Even though I couldn’t, He kept me! I now join countless others who can say, “Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal.”

    Some days I imagine Mommie before the Lord praising Him. Y’all know when Mommie made it to heaven she was praising Him for how He cared for us and answered our prayers on this earth. Now the angels in heaven rejoice with me, and one angel says, “Good, Jehovah’s promised my baby.” I imagine my mom in heaven, and just like motherhood, she has taken being an angel to another level. Look at her, praising our Lord and Savior. You go, Mommie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, imagine talking with my mom and she tells you stories of Miss Donna (stories she loved to tell the most). Who would have ever thought, after listening to so many of her stories about me, that God would allow me to tell you a story about us: Jesus, Mommie, and me. I sure do love Him!

    I’m good, thank you!

    Reference:

    Varcarolis, E. M. (1994). Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (2nd ed.). Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders

    ReplyDelete